Premature ejaculation is a fear many men have. It is a nightmare waiting to happen, to fail in this way and not satisfy your partner. Some researchers estimate that 30 percent of all men may have this problem. For some, it is something that just happens at times, but for many people, it is a constant problem. Most men are embarrassed to admit it if they do have a problem. This has led to many myths. Here are five popular ones.
1. It cannot be controlled. Many people - even women - believe it is something that cannot be controlled. Since it is mostly kept secret, there is little knowledge available on control, so the myth that there is no control persists. Similar to learning to control your bladder, you can use practice and exercise, to control your ejaculations to a large degree.
2. PE is upsetting to women. While it can be upsetting for women, studies show men are more obsessed with this problem than men are. Women are more often distressed by their partners stress over the issue. It can drive men crazy, and they just assume their partner feels the same way. Often women are not concerned about how long the intercourse lasts as long as her partner takes care of her in other ways, such as orally.
3. Less than two minutes is premature ejaculation. The time involved is not really the issue. Control is the real issue. Being unable to control when the ejaculation occurs is what PE really is.
4. Drugs can help. Some mild antidepressants can delay the ejaculation, but not greatly. Only about 10 percent of men have tried this therapy and it has not worked very well. It can delay it some but does not address the control issue.
5. Some are born with the ability to control it, others are not. Early masturbation habits and experiences have more of an influence, or whether they are aware control can be learned.
If you're having issues with premature ejaculation, call the team at Preferred Men's Medical Center now to schedule an appointment to have a consultation with their experienced and specially trained medical staff. We are South Florida's best PE clinic that provides PE therapy, low T therapy and much more.