Despite many claims otherwise, research says erectile dysfunction (ED) is not necessarily a normal part of the male aging process. Although it is true that ED affects older men, however, there are a few steps one can take to ensure a healthy lifestyle– possibly helping lessen the effects of erectile dysfunction in the process.
To begin, here are a few factors that should be avoided:
- Eating a lot of fatty and highly processed foods in large serving sizes.
- Large quantities of alcohol
- Stress (as much as possible)
- Inactive lifestyle
- Little Sleep
If not careful, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, obesity or heart disease, can creep up on a man when he's least expecting it. These problems can cause serious issues, and not just erectile dysfunction!
Keep your body healthy for the very best chance to enjoy a long and healthy life:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats and fish
- Quit smoking. Just quit.
- Exercise, even 30 minutes a day can help! Exercising can help a man's sexual performance. There have been studies that show men who exercise have a lower risk of developing ED than those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Decrease your stress, look for outlets where you can release your stress
- See the doctor for regular checkups. Also, be sure to get your testosterone checked as well.
It's important to note that the same vascular system that supplies your heart also sends blood to the penis causing an erection. So keeping a healthy diet, including exercise and being mindful of your overall health can keep the blood flowing freely through the body.
If you're having issues with erectile dysfunction, call the team at Preferred Men's Medical Center now to schedule an appointment to have a consultation with their experienced and specially trained medical staff. We are South Florida's leading erectile dysfunction and low testosterone clinic that provides PE therapy, hormone therapy and much more.